The Machinations Of Dementia review by Blotted Science

Blotted Science: The Machinations Of Dementia

I first became aware of this band through Cannibal Corpse's "Centuries of Torment" DVD. They had mentioned that Alex Webster (one of metal's greatest bassists) was in a progressive extreme metal band with Ron Jarzombek and Charlie Zeleny. This sounded intriguing, so I went online and searched for any possible Blotted Science tunes I could stream. I came across the first track off the album, "Synaptic Plasticity" and started listening to it. Within the first 2 minutes of the song, I was completely stunned by the level of musicianship, and psychotic technicality of the song. It was composed of some of the wierdest, complex riffs and time signatures that I had ever listened to in music. I was hooked. So I downloaded the rest of the album, and the other tunes were equally mind-bending in technicality and stunning in musicianship. Songs like "EEG Tracings", "Laser Lobotomy" and "Bleeding in the Brain" are jaw-dropping.

There are no lyrics on the album. But really, there doesn't need to be. All of the song titles are brain disorders and mental conditions ("Amnesia", "Night Terror"). If there were lyrics on the album, I think they would have detracted from the amazing music.

Ron Jarzombek is one sick bastard to write music son insane. Truly. Blotted Science are ao unique compared to other progressive metal bands. My favourite songs from this album are "Synaptic Plasticity", "Laser Lobotomy", "Oscillation Cycles", and "The Insomniac". I can't think of a single thing I dislike about this album. If you haven't heard of this band, Check Them Out!

Sparda93
    This album is like Bach, Sarkowzky and Beethoven, metal style! Blows me the **** away, and time signatures fit perfectly, endless mind****