Foiled review by Blue October

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
Blue October: Foiled

Not having heard anything prior to this album, it honestly sounds to me like a better version of Dave Mathews Band. That's a good thing though because I never really got into DMB. The bass, drums, and guitars were very well put together and really shine in this album. When I first heard "Hate Me" I knew I had to go and pick this record up and I wasn't the least bit disappointed.

Justin has a lot to tell you in this album. The lyrics are probably the most innovative and original that have been released recently. I was very impressed that he could write incredible lyrics for every song on the album, and so it seems not a lot of bands can do that now. Justin's voice at times sounds like the calibur of Dave Mathews Band, and when he screams sounds completely original.

I haven't heard Blue October's other albums (yet) but to me this album does the trick. My favorite songs on the album are probably You Make Me Smile, Hate Me, She's My Ride Home, Into the Ocean, and Let It Go. The entire album is worth listening to unconditionally. If you like Dave Mathews Band with a little more oomph, Foiled will be your choice. I probably won't lose this album since it is on my Ipod. But I would buy it again if indeed it did get stolen.

Longuevillenb15
    this sounds nothing like dave matthews band. i originally would assume that you only know the hits like billies and ants, but now after downloading the album i know it doesnt even sound like those songs. its completely different. album itself is alright.