History For Sale review by Blue October

• Released: Jul 1, 2003
Blue October: History For Sale

Texas' Blue October surely it the jackpot with there 3rd album "History For Sale". It blends sounds that you would need to buy many separte CDs to hear. Blue Ocotober's lyrics are one thing that puts them above the rest: real, and anyone who thinks elsewise is messed up in the head. In an interview with Yahoo!, Justin admitted he spent a short period of time in a mental hospital. He also says that he doesn't "even remember writing half the lyrics". Truthfully, there is no possible way to list the sounds Blue October used in this record, such as Razorblade versus 3 Weeks, She Sleeps. Blue October, at time of writing, has released their 4th album "Foiled". Both are very well put together, but I listen to "History For Sale" a lot more.

The lyrics in the songs are as I said they are: real. The music is well put together with the lyrics, and shows real thought put into it, unlike some bands today. 01. Ugly Side - this song is driving, inovative, and a good opener. The string and drum intro are awesome. Justin's vocals work well with this song. 02. Clumsy Card House - the intro plucking is awesome, and the lyrics, while a bit repetitive, are still good, like "By the way/By your side I'll stay/Forever". 03. Razorblade - I was told this was a song about child molestation by a priest, like the verse: "In a way I failed religion/Spit the wine from mouth to cup/And I reached for something more than just a god/Uncle, you spared not your children/And while your praying hands were up/There's no forgivness for you/You sick f---!" 04. Calling You - while I never saw "American Wedding", which this sonw was featured in, I'm sure it fit perfectly. The whole instrument arrangment was great, and perfect for this song. 05. Chameleon Boy - I can really relate to this song. It's lyrics "I lack the beauty for display/ See here there are some bruises/Some where self-inflicted" are the ones I most relate to. 06. Sexual Powertrip - while I can't see Justin in a music video that relates to the lyrics unless it's like a band video, but overall this song is good. 07. A Quiet Mind - "I call baby up/Leave me alone/I'm in pain/But I won't let you bandage my wound/I am at a state where I can't seem to handle my own.":D 08. 3 Weeks, She Sleeps - short, sweet and to the point. Nothing could make this song much better. 09. Inner Glow - I love this song. Along with "3 Weeks" and "Chameleon Boy", this is one of the best songs on the album. 10. Somebody - they took a great angel on this one: Grunge. They do this style well. 11. Come In Closer - the added female vocals that mix with Justin's are awesome. 12. Amazing - I love the lyrics in this song, such as "See I've made you into something more delicious, my sweet ghost". They give me chills. All in all, the lyircs and music really combin to form something euphoric.

The overall impression of this album is something that you will like 20 years from now. The songs never get old, and you can't stop yourelf from dancing on some of the tracks, and feeling sad for others. To tell the truth, I would re-buy this album, even though I could just burn it off iTunes. It's just that good. Most artists can't compare to Blue October, and they never will, if they keep this style of theirselves up. The perfect blend of strings, guitars, percussion, and vocals mix together to make a great CD.

fox69
    kool, i nvr heard o them til "hate me" but i mite hafta try this CD out
    juggaloblake
    Things were going smooth until the bitch screwed his best friend James (who is the focus of a disturbing song on the first album).
    Actually, James is on the album Consent to Treatment , which is their second album. The first album is called The Answers .