Highway 61 Revisited review by Bob Dylan

• Released: Aug 30, 1965
Bob Dylan: Highway 61 Revisited

The sound was what changed everything even though it was not extremely innovative because you could clearly see influences such as Woody Gunthrie but it is still one of the best albums ever made. The sound defined a generation of the mid '60s and won over critics by all standards. But most of all the sound is what Bob Dylan is known for which is sometimes filled with soul and other times filled with dread. You cannot get a better folk artist today that has changed your opinion on music.

Quite simply put, Bob Dylan is a poetic genius that shatters your bones as tear drops come out of your eyes. He could be a poet because of his songs which in my opinion are ballads that contain many similes and metaphors to what has happened in his life. Dylan clearly puts us in situations that we have never experience but are anxious to try again all thanks to his words of wisdom.

In my opinion the best album ever made which has obviously influenced many other artists in the world. It stands out in my opinion as his best album because it has beautiful songs of hard times and songs of passionate love. But overall you will find this album to be genuine. Yes, it may be influenced by early folk and country and even blues but still it is original. And that is what I love about this album because it takes everything that you like about music and puts it in a tiny package.

jonny d
    this is for sure the best dylan cd this one and blood on the tracks
    Kratos Aurion
    Incredible Record - I love the way Dylan keeps singing through 5 Minutes (for most of the songs) without any break