The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan review by Bob Dylan

• Released: May 27, 1963
Bob Dylan: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

This is early Bob Dylan so if your looking for some later blues-rock stuff get Highway '61 revisited, Blonde On Blonde, Blood On The Tracks, ect. Some brilliant harmonica work is in this but sometimes if your not in the mood for it, the long high notes may give you a headache. When you listen to this you can really hear some Woody Guthrie influence, if you've read Dylan's chronicles you will see exactly how much he aspired to Woody Guthrie. If you do not like folk then I suggest not getting it if you do like folk and you don't have it, it may change your life. Why am I the first one to write a Dylan Review? Well stick around cause I'm reviewing everyone of his albums, ill try to do one a day because I get to school early every morning and I'm usually bored.

The lyrics in this song are great and the more you listen the more they grow on you. The CD kicks off with Blowin In The Wind, a song most everyone has heard before ("How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man, ect.) and it is just back to back good lyrics through the song closing with one of my favorites (I Shall Be Free). It's kind of like a random story in one part he starts talking about a man running for president or someting and then all of a sudden he just says "he eats bagels and pizza." You may think that it's stupid but I think its sheer brilliant. I also like how hes talking about this girl he has and he says "shes a humdinger Folksinger". And the song masters of war is amazing to. It's aimed straight at the government with lines like: "I'll stand over your grave till I'm shure that your dead" and "Not even jesus would forgive what you do." The whole song is just like amazing.

Any Dylan fan should own this album. However, if you have never heard Bob Dylan (I'm sorry for you). I would suggest getting Highway '61, it's more accepted by the general public and it is great. The most impresive songs are Blowin In The Wind, Girl From The North Country, Masters Of War, Don't Think Twice It's Allright, and I Shall Be Free. And the other ones are great to but those are my particular favorites.