Noemon review by Bob Katsionis

Bob Katsionis: Noemon

Bob Katsionis has a very unique sound, and it's really hard to categorize his sound. My overall impression was this album was really catchy on some songs, but some parts were so similar in sound. He uses many intricate styles. The song The Wounded Chords has a very unique asian sound, the goes into a very peaceful melodic chorus. The Night Rager is fast paced and doesn't let down. Being an instrumental album, Bob has to write songs with melodies and choruses that tell stories by themselves. Songs like A Melody Like You has a very happy feeling and also you could feel the emotion radiate from the song. My friend gave me this album and I throughly enjoy it. It has been played many times. There are some parts that make you say, " this is a really crappy part of the song, or I heard this before on the other track," but there are more parts that make you wish you made them.

There are not lyrics to this album, but songs like A Melody Like You, Birth of A Sun, the Night Rager, and Souske! really tell stories on their own. There could be the addition of lyrics, but I personally think lyrics would hinder the true sound of this album.

I really liked this album insanely. I must have listened to this album all the way through 20 times this week alone. The most impressive songs that I ended up humming were A Melody Like You along with Tears of Alice because it has a very different feel to it and it's not too expected of metal to have a song that is this upbeat, plus it's so damn catchy, Birth of A Sun is amazing as it flows so well and everything is played so well and it has memorable riffs. The Nightrager is an amazing song as it keeps you on the toes, and it's the perfect work out song, Souske! Is a very different song, I've personally never heard of anything like it so I was blown away pretty quick when I heard it and fell in love almost instantaneously. What I loved was that all the songs were so different so you wouldn't get bored, and there is so much catchyness in this whole album. The things I'm not to fond of is the fact that songs songs that involve the keyboard tend to sound very similar, and songs like Apocalypse aren't exactly my favorite. They are very technical, but I doubt I'll be walking around humming then or playing them in my head. If i lose this I'd definitely buy it or make my friend give me another one.