Exodus review by Bob Marley And The Wailers

• Released: Jun 3, 1977
Bob Marley And The Wailers: Exodus

There has always been something about reggae that I have loved, but I have never been able to put my finger on it. With this album, maybe it's the steady rhythm guitar, played by Bob Marley, something that people never seem to credit him enough for. Maybe it's that catchy bassline that hooks you and keeps you hooked throughout the song (or album). Or maybe it's just the way that all the instruments work together to create a beautiful, relaxing masterpeice that allows one to drift into the infinately serene world of "reggea". If all that wasn't enough to keep a person relaxed and on the verge of slow dancing with themselves, the king of reggea himself (Bob Marley, if you didn't guess), live's up to his title and delivers as you expect. With tracks like "Jamming", "Three Little Birds" and "Exodus" behind it, Exodus has kept it's maker's head high above any other in his class of musicians. It is truely a musical masterpiece.

Reggae would never be the same, I think, if the lyrics didn't have the heart and soul that had been put into them. Wether it's a love song (like "One Love") or a song of rememberance (like "Exodus"), every word, every lyric has as much of Marley's soul in it as any of the others. He gives writing lyrics his all, what more can I say?

I have no doubt in my mind that this album is one Marley's greatest works. As I have said, there is that much emotion and soul in this recording that it shows through and flows through you, moving you in the way that only Marley's kind of reggae can. Definately worth buying, wether you're a reggae fan or not.

guitaluva15
    this really is a great album, my personal favorite of his. waiting in vain is a really good song and so is jamming