100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Nov 16, 2004
Bon Jovi: 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong

A huge collection of previously unreleased tracks including studio tracks, demos, solo work and movie soundtracks. The sound is very similar to everything else they have done previously, post 'New Jersey.' The songs on this record range from heavy riffed stadium anthems such as "Good Guys Don't Always Wear White" all the way to the very slow and sentimental "Maybe Someday." True Bon Jovi.

In my opinion you cannot doubt the songwriting talents of Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. It's hard to believe that all the songs on this album are ones that didnt make the studio albums. The lyrics in every song seem to have a meaning that the listener can relate to in some way, as well as an underlying theme. There is that sense of unity and optimism for which Bon Jovi songs are famous, running through every song. The lyrics in the songs deal with everything from heartbreak and hurt through to stories of times gone by, via everything in between.

20 years on from the first album 'Bon Jovi' and they still keep getting better. Why the songs on this record never made it onto the studio albums is a question only the band can answer. Compared to the other Bon Jovi albums this is right up there with 'Keep The Faith' and 'Slippery When Wet' in terms of deep and meaningful lyrics, musicianship, and diversity of songs. Songs that stand out include 'Why Aren't You Dead?', a fun, tongue-in-cheek song of similar style to 'You Give Love A Bad Name.' Another is 'Lonely At The Top' which deals with the death of Kurt Cobain. The song is written in the form of a letter to Cobain's daughter in which Jon says sorry for Cobain not being there for her. The true gem of the record in my opinion is Nobody's Hero, an acoustic track with Jon and Richie both on vocals. At the end of this song is a demo for Livin' On A Prayer which gives you an insight into the foundations of one of the most recognisable songs in the world. If I had any criticisms of this record then I would say that some of the subject matter is perhaps given too much attention and is repeated in a few songs, but what do you expect when one of the biggest bands in the world releases a box set containing 50 previously unreleased songs! This boxset is something I will keep until my dying day. If you like any of Bon Jovi's previous offerings then I would definitely recommend this record. It is the story so far for one of the most successful bands in existence, and marks the milestone of 100,000,000 albums sold, and also marks the beginning of hopefully another 20 successful years. If you like any of Bon Jovi's previous offerings then I would definitely recommend this record.

mchugh92
    in your opinion theyre the best band ever!!!!! just cos they got a bunch of fans who only listen to like 3 or 4 songs by them doesnt make them the best it just means theyre popular cos any1 with half a brain should know that there is no such thing as the best band of all time or whatever its all opinion-based