Bon Jovi review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Jan 21, 1984
Bon Jovi: Bon Jovi

Hard keyboard riff, fast guitar solos, and cool drums solos. This album has it all. It started when the demo for runaway was accepted by Polygram. They told Jon he could either be a solo artist or higher a band to play with. He chose the band. It is totally a hair Metal album. The sound is focused on mainly Jon and Richie. Tico has his moments with fast drum solos that lead into a chorus.

Jon lyrics are upbeat and his voice is stronger than it is on Bounce and Have A Nice Day. His skill was mainly going from his normal singing voice to high pitch like in Runaway. He also displays that on Slippery when Wet but not as much. The guitar fits into Jon's tone when he's singing.

It is different than others albums but in a good way. The way his voice was is so different than it is now. I like it because it shows how they started and when you hear Have A Nice Day you see how much there music has changed. I like it because it was harder than the other albums they put out. If I lost it I'd look and buy it again. The best songs on the album are Roulette, Runaway, Burning For Love, Get Ready, and Breakout. I suggest buying it.