Bounce review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Oct 8, 2002
Bon Jovi: Bounce

Bounce opens up with a very heartfelt song called "Undivided" which really propells the album's meaning. The sound is really moving and loud in a lot of songs. It's either a rocker or a mellow ballad with a sweeping chorus that takes you off your feet. Either way, it's Bon Jovi and with guitar and keyboards from Samboara and Bryan you can't deny a melody that deserves more then what it gets. Bouncing back from something is the album's story or focus and reliving something to know what it means also is what I take out of it. The sounds really leave a classical feeling to it, like you could play this record to sleep to, or to wake up. It fits, as well as Bon Jovi and their underrated album "Bounce."

"You Had Me From Hello" captures what it is to fall in love all over again and again. "At the mirror you fix your hair and put your makeup on, you're insecure about what clothes to wear, I can't see nothing wrong" Jon openes up the song with. The acoustic guitar gives it a candle lit type of feel to it. I think so anyways. Jon's singing has never failed me and I don't think it could. He has range. Complete range. The music is right on key on this album. The writing has a lot of collaborations in it. It's not so bad to get help is it? great writing.

This album has been thrashed again and again and I'm still stranded out on a highway by myself thinking why at times. "Everyday," "Missunderstood," "All About Lovin' You," "You Had Me From Hello," "Hook Me Up" are all standout tracks. The album titled song "Bounce" is pure fire power with attitude. This album is probably one of Bon Jovi's best "complete" albums. Not the best but all to the end, it shapes up well. Just like a diamond.