Cross Road review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Oct 4, 1994
Bon Jovi: Cross Road

I really enjoy the 80's albums. They have a hard but sweet sound to the ear. Basically buying this album and Guns N Roses Greatest Hits made me realize how much I love the 80's music. Even though this album was released its sound is deeply influenced by the 80's pop rock. Which is what you get when you listen to Bon Jovi (which is the only pop artist I hear).I like the electronic sounds in songs like "Livin' On A Prayer", "Bad Medicine" and "You Give Love A Bad Name". But I also enjoy the most slow paced songs like "Wanted Dead Or Alive","Keep The Faith" and "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night".

The lyrics are mostly about love and the things that happen in a relationship. Some songs talk about how you can get your heart broken cuz some bitch betrays you. Some talk about how you can thru hard times in relationships. Basically the songs are about women and love for them. Bon Jovi's voice is pretty efficient transmiting the message of his songs but as strange as it may sound his voice reminds me Axl's voice. I'm not very attraceted to a full "love album" but it has some kick ass sounds.

I recommend you not buy this album if you don't like soft-hearted shit. Also if you simply can't stand 80's music or pop or love songs (again). However if you enjoy good rock/pop from the 80's with some slow paced songs like or if you simply love Bon Jovi. The best songs are: "Livin' On A Prayer","Bad Medicine","You Give Love A Bad Name","In & Out Of Love","Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" and "Runaway".