Cross Road review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Oct 4, 1994
Bon Jovi: Cross Road

Nothing revolutionary, but the boys do what the boys do best. They rock. Whether it's a slower, heartfelt track like Always or the seething, aggressive, ridiculously cool solo of Keep The Faith, Bon Jovi play their songs with a confidence and style that a band can only get when they know they f--ing rock. Sambora's solos feature heavily on almost every song and I remember each and every one note for note. Tico keeps the beats ticking along nicely and Byran really adds a special little something to some of the songs with his keys. Jon's voice is as gravelly, sexy, cool and accomplished as ever as well. Considering this is a Best Of album the sound was never going to be anything less than flawless was it.

I'm a big Bon Jovi fan but I openly admit that their songs aren't for everyone. So if your not a fan of cheesy American glam rock lyrics your probably best not paying attention and just listening to Richie Sambora's crunching guitar solos (you can't wrong with Richie). Jon Bon Jovi's voice has long been recognised as one of the industries best and without it none of the songs would sound as good, although huge praise must also be given to Richie Sambora and David Byran too, both of whom provide backing vocals on some or all of the songs and both of whom have excellent range and tone. Overall I'll give the lyrics a high score because even if you do think they're cheesy, they always put a smile on your face and give you goosebumps at the right time.

I grew up listening to Bon Jovi and I've had this specific album broken twice and I still went out and bought Bon Jovi Crossroads Deluxe Edition (the one with the Live In London DVD and B-Sides & Rarities CD) to replace it. Obviously this album is one of the best, seeing as it is a best of. I love every song on it and there's a little something for everyone on here, even if you don't like the lyrics or the singing the rhythm and lead guitar is faultless throughout. I cherish this as one of my all time top CDs and I implore anyone who doesn't have this album with in reaching distance to go out and buy a copy. This review may be a bit behind schedule (it's March 31st 2009 as I write this) but I will write this review and I will defend this album with passion and integrity because I really do beleive that everyone should experience it at some time.

Aziraphale
    Indeed, David BRYAN. And to reviewer no. 2, Bon Jovi are a band, not a solo artist. You don't say "he" about Bon Jovi, if so you say Jon Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi = Jon, Richie, Dave and Tico, not just Jon. There's a big difference there. It's a great album either way, but it's a shame These Days hadn't been released yet when this came out, as that album is pretty much their best work in my opinion.
    jimmypagejunior
    easily my favorite band but a unique mood to their songs. My mood usually decides my music but this album is just a whenever album. Anyway I bought the tab book and Richie is a lot of fun to play even if he doesn't have the slash or Hammett speed or crunch. His solos are pure creativity
    ThomasOlano
    I think These Days is their best work too tbh, they could do another Best Of: with just These Days on it if they wanted to lol