Crush review by Bon Jovi

• Released: May 13, 2000
Bon Jovi: Crush

Bon Jovi's sound may be not be as hard hitting as it was back in the '80s, but their ability to make a catchy rock anthem hasn't degraded an inch. While not every song's the best of the best, the highs definitely make up for the lows. From the track's most famous song "It's my life", which while not my favorite, makes you wanna sing along in the way only Bon Jovi can, to some solid filler tracks, like "Two Story Town"(This one's a personal favorite), "Say It Isn't So", "Just Older", "Captain Crash", and many more, to the softer tracks like "Thank You For Loving Me", "She's A Mystery", all the way to the anthem to close it all off, "One Wild Night", an insanely good track, but the version on their Live Album is better.

Bon Jovi were always better known for their catchy melodies rather than deep, introspective, lyrics. Even their darker stuff like "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" doesn't shy away from the fun and catchy chorus which infects all their other albums. Jon and Ritchie know their strengths when it comes to lyrics; Catchy choruses the crowd can sing along to, and this is certainly present. Those looking for philosophy and book references won't find them here, but if you just wanna sing, you can't go wrong with "Crush."

Bon Jovi fans tend to see this album as either the last good album they made or the beginning of the end. While I've liked at least one track on all of their albums, this is probably the last one where I would give the majority of tracks a listen. Sure it's softer, but the essence of what made Slippery When Wet great remains. Bon Jovi fans looking for more screeching solos and hard rockin' drums won't find 'em here, but those looking for some great party anthems won't be disappointed, and it's a must have for all but the most casual Bon Jovi fan, and even they might like "It's My Life".