Have a Nice Day review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Sep 14, 2005
Bon Jovi: Have a Nice Day

This is a very upbeat album with high tempo songs including 'I Am', 'Story Of My Life', 'I want To Be loved', 'Last Man Standing' etc. The opening track 'Have A Nice Day' is the immediate hook on the album grasping your attention instantly. The opening riff is simple but very effective a feel-good song, gets you set up for the rest of the album, you find yourself singing along or tapping your foot straight away. For 'Welcome To Wherever You Are' and 'Bells Of Freedom' the band have taken the tone down slightly to show the other side to there unique sound combining the acoustic guitar with the electric in exactly the right way. Moving from a slow acoustic section (shown in 'Welcome To Wherever You Are') straight into an heavy electric riff. This sudden change in style self-conciously tells you, when your down, pick yourself back up, keep on fighting.

There is an instant feel-good, rebelious tone to the album, don't do what other people want you to do, do what you want to do. It's very much a positive album, the use of repetition in 'Who Says You Cant Go Home' uses the line 'It's alright, it's alright, it's alright...' The title in itself it basically drawing the independant side from you, it's not a question, it's telling you who says you cant go home, go home if you want to, whos gonna stop you? The album title 'Have A Nice Day' automatically gives you a good feeling, you know the album is gonna make you feel good! and thats exactly what it does, in every way possible! after hearing this album you will have a different outlook, your free! Be indipendant, dont let anyone force you to do what you dont want to 'Ring the bells, ring them loud, let them ring here and now, stand your ground'

This is certainly one of the best Bon Jovi albums, the best album out at the moment and will remain an excellent album, what can I say, you can't get sick of Bon Jovi, each time you put a Bon Jovi song on you feel good, know a rock band have done something good in the world. Where would we be without Bon jovi. Definatly worth the money, I would certainly buy this album again if I lost it, I need it! They still remain and always will be the best band in my mind, and hopefully you will feel the same.