Have a Nice Day review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Sep 14, 2005
Bon Jovi: Have a Nice Day

This album was released in 2005. It's got a modern/country feel to it. You know that one song, Who Says You Can't Go Home, that they always play on the John Tesh Show (I don't know if it's national or local, so forgive me)? It's from Bon Jovi. And this song from the same man who sang such hits as Living on a Prayer and Wanted? Oh well. It's still a pretty good album. I don't know what to give this album. Maybe an 8, because it still sounds good, but it's not the Bon Jovi I know.

Have A Nice Day - this is a good song, rebellious in nature. It's the song for which this album is named, and for good reason. It's one of the best songs on this album, and rather catchy. Welcome To Wherever You Are - nice acoustic song. It's like one of those emotionally uprising songs, meant to make you think a little about your life, and the path you're taking. Or maybe I'm over-examining. Who Says You Can't Go Home? - I hear this song everyday when I'm cooking food. It's on the radio constantly. However, there are two versions. The one on the radio is the duet with some lady (I can't find the album cover thing). The other is just Bon Jovi. Last Man Standing - this reaffirms Bon Jovi's status. It basicly attacks modern music. It blatantly calls out hip-hop, pop, rock, and MP3s, DVDs, and Digital Downloads. I like this song, and it's got a nice beat, sensible lyrics, and a good guitar part.

I honestly have no refference as to what happened between Slippery When Wet and this album. But I still like it. It's better than any of Van Halen's newest songs. I listed some of my favorites in the lyrics section. Another one is Last Cigarette, and Wildflower is also pretty good. This album has a nice modern sound, and a little bit of a country feel. The only problem is that if you heard these songs, you might not realize this was Bon Jovi without actually reading the title and artist.

JimBonJovi
    Their last superb album. No carbon copy U2 songs on here unlike their lastest, The Circle.