Lost Highway: The Concert [DVD] Review

8.8
 7.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Lost Highway: The Concert [DVD] Reviewed by: MattTravis, on december 24, 2009

Sound: This wasn't by any means the best Bon Jovi performance ever. The amp settings sounded off, and Jon Bon Jovi repeatedly struggles to hit notes. The tracks on the album however, which include the full Lost Highway album, do sound more country than ever before. Bon Jovi claim that the album 'Lost Highway', wasn't written for financial purposes, instead coming from the bands creative freedoms. They constantly refer to the factors which helped them write the album, and despite the occasional failures musically throughout the DVD, its easy to see that they were being 100% truthful. The records played are truly brilliant compilations of Country Music with a rock sound. These tracks pretty much led to the sound that is currently used by the likes of 'Taylor Swift' and country legend, 'Alan Jackson'. It was also nice to see Jon Bon Jovi play guitar, something he only seems to do once every three albums. The more you watch the concert, the less annoying it is. // 7

Overall Impression: At the time of realise no music sounded like the Lost Highway album. It was a one off. Now almost all country music sounds like it, which is only a good thing. The DVD is very impressive. The concert is one that you watch once, don't like, then realise that a week later your hooked on the songs and need to listen to it once again. Then your hooked from that point. I like almost the whole DVD, its so different. What I don't particularly like is the amp setting used by Sambora for most of the first four or five songs. If I were to loose this DVD, I'd buy it again. And before I finish this review, I must praise the violinest on the DVD, for two brillaint lyrical performances. // 8

Comments