New Jersey review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Sep 19, 1988
Bon Jovi: New Jersey

This is a great rock record. It has the kind of upbeat hard rock tunes that many can only dream of writing. Unlike their later albums, this has massive stadium anthems which are great to bang your head to. Jon and Richie did a great ob on this album, and it certainly proves they weren't going to be a one hit wonder (after the massive sucess of 1986 album Slipery When Wet). This was definitly their heyday.

The lyrucs are brilliant, and work well with the music. The only problem there is is that there is not much variation in what they are saying. Its all about love and how they can't live without it. But they are still great, sing-along lyrics. I also like the lyrics about being a cowboy in the songs 'ride cowboy ride' and 'Stick to your guns' which practically merge into each other.

This is definitly my favourite Bon Jovi album, and it's probably in my top 5 favorite albums. I love the suspense made by the intro in Homebound train before it explodes into the heavy riff. My favorite song is 99 in the shade, which has a great solo. I'm surprised there's not tabs for these songs. I love the last song (Love For Sale) as well, which was apparently recorded, and I quote 'During one HELL of a party' at their recording studio. They could still make a ballad at this point too, with 'Living in Sin' and 'Wild is the Wind'. This is defintily the best album they have done.