Slippery When Wet review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Bon Jovi: Slippery When Wet

Slippery When Wet is one of those great '80s hair band albums. This record is awesome to play with your friend and hangbang to. Even though the musicianship may not be the greatest in world, the music still stands up. Kids from all over the country are getting into this type of music, and thank God for that too! All in all, this is bon Jovi's best album and they have just released a remastered version, go buy it don't download it!

The lyrics are ok on this album. I think mmost people don't really listen to the lyrics anymore, they just repeat what the song says. The lyrics on You Give Love a Bad Name poke fun at breakups. And Livin' On A Prayer is a great song about what its like to live alone. Overall the lyrics on the other tracks aren't that great. So I would give the lyrics a 3.

This is the greatest work on Bon Jovi. I thought they used more creative approaches to their music on this record than their later stuff. Having said that, I think they coulg have chose to write just as good lyrics and they did music. I would buy it again if I lost it. Livin' On A Prayer, is probably one of their best known songs. Too bad they slipped into mainstream pop in the '90s though, eh?

sk8rchik666
    i love this album to pieces, it contains not only some of my favourite bon jovi tunes, but a few of my all-time fave tracks. a fabulous album, and a fabulous review.
    E V H 5150
    If you think the only noteworthy songs on this album are You Give Love a Bad Name and Living on a Prayer (which is obviously not about living alone, but rather living in hard times, as I interpret it), then you my friend have not actually listened to the album. Let it rock has the sweet little organ solo. Did you completely forget Wanted DOA? Oh well...
    Killerlicks66
    livin on a prayer!!!!! i luv that shit man i listen to that song when im shootin the pooppy i mean poppy if ya know what i mean hahahahahaha!!!