The Circle review by Bon Jovi

• Released: Oct 30, 2009
Bon Jovi: The Circle

They promised an album that was going to great and be a heavy rock album. Well, 10/10 for saying it would be a great album which it is almost except for the terrible second track that drags it down to a nine out of ten over all for me. I think the 'heavy rock' phrasing of the albums style was slightly complacent, I would say i was heavier than Lost Highway, but, not that heavy. It was a keyboard heavy album except for the title track, and that worries me. Richie Sambora is legendary, and yet appart from some emmence solos, he let's down on the riffs. Such a shame. Bon Jovi were going to realise a best of album with a couple of new tracks but decided to publish some of the tracks they had written along the way. Good Choice? Good for making money, a slight let down for overly expectant fans like myself. The guitar sounds chosen are like nothing I've ever heard, and on that I must compliment the legend Sambora, and apparently the producer who got him to play around with these sounds. Strange new sound like this is exactly what Bon Jovi need to work on in the next ten years to become truly legendary beyond all possible thought. If they can reinvent themselves for another couple of albums, they might just get a UK Number 1 and suppress the repetive lyrics of Cheryl Cole. I loved the album however and recommend any reader buys it or at least the title track.

The lyrics on this album inspire any listener to sing along. Work for the Workingman has some of the catchiest lyrics in existence and is a lyrical marvel in the obyss of sex orientated lyrics flooding our record stores. They are perhaps not as catchy as the unforgetable livin' on prayer's vocals, but still move the music along and get you up and shouting. I don't even need to mention singer skills. We've heard Jon Bon Jovi sing before and both know he is legendary, which is why Bon Jovi are most watched act in world history.

They're is no album like this. Nothing ever. Which gets it onto my top ten shelf at home, which amazed me to find that Slippery When Wet was not on there. That's how unique this album is.I was uttely impressed with the drums for Broken Promise Land, the bass for work for the workingman (Bon Jovi still don't count the Mcdonald guy as a band member, WHICH THEY SHOULD! ), The guitar for bullet, the keyboard for Broken Promiseland, and the vocal skill on live before you die. Like most albums the title track was not by any means the best. My favourite two are Work for the Workingman and Live Before You Die, but I hated the second track so much I can't even remember what its called.

JimBonJovi
    This album is nowhere near as good as Bounce. They have to get rid of their Pop producer John Shanks before we here some more Hard Rock, but then again maybe we won't because all they're doing now is rehashing their own songs. Such a shame.