Exiled To Earth review by Bonded By Blood

• Released: Aug 10, 2010
Bonded By Blood: Exiled To Earth

Bonded by Blood has returned with an album that truly separates them from other fellow Thrash Metal Revivalists. When Bonded by Blood released their first album Feed the Beast, we all simply got a taste of what BBB has to offer, not to mention the album as a whole felt a little bit like an old Exodus album. This however, is not the case with Exiled to Earth. This album is insanely impressive musically, and conceptually because yes, this is a concept album, a very interesting one. Guitarists Alex lee and Juan Juarez shred up a storm on this album, bringing some of the most fantastic guitar solos and innovative riffs heard in a while. Although this album does not divert much instrumentally from what they had done on there first effort (besides FANTASTIC mixing quality) where the real impressive change is, is in the vocals...

On Feed the Beast, vocalist Jose "Aladdin" Barrales was both praised and criticized for his vocal delivery, being both fun and aggressive, although at times silly and comical. On Exiled to Earth, it seems Aladdin has truly found where his voice should be, as he has used a perfect blend of what he had, and this new grittiness he has discovered to bring more thrashy aggressiveness to his voice. Lyrically, the album is quite impressive. No, none of it is poetic, it's thrash. However, the album is a concept album set in future Earth when an uprising of cyborgs who had gone undercover as humans has been reckoned with, by the Earths rebellion (apparently leaded by Bonded by Blood, of course). The songs all have very creative lyrics and there are a LOT of lyrics to read. Each song reads like an essay, and sets up a great image that is easy to follow. All in all, the albums lyrics are awesome, but not outstanding.

Exiled to Earth is an album that will go down in this Thrash Metal Revival as one of the most important. Whereas fellow revivalists Evile have taken a darker turn, and Municipal Waste have gone back to a more Crossover Thrash sound, Bonded by Blood is still shooting down the middle with straight up, old school thrash. Something necessary in today's metal community. All of these guys are young and in there prime, so there are many more albums to come, and I for one can't wait. Whom this is for: Fans of thrash, fun music, party music, fast music. Whom this is NOT for: Those who don't like Aladdin's wacky voice, fans of slower music, fans of ambiance in songs. Last Word: The album is fantastic, I love it, and feel that accompanied by impressive studio quality, I will not grow tired of this album any time soon. It's Thrash baby!

shredkilla
    I saw these guys at Bloodstock last weekend! I hadn't heard any of their stuff until then but they ****in' kicked ass! I will definately have to check this album out, cheers for the review.
    EpiExplorer
    King Zirconium wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: metallifreak77 wrote: *SIGH* @ this Epi guy... Heathen was not the only thrash band to revive themselves. There have been many, many, many. Look that up and get some of them! Most of these new thrash bands are very entertaining. I for one love Evile, Gama Bomb, Lich King, Suicidal Angels,... etc. Bonded by Blood is not bad at all, I picked up this album the other day and I really like it. Hang on, I should have said GOOD band to revive themselves. Get ready then because Forbidden are releasing their first album in 13 years on October 22nd, and they are MUCH better than Heathen.
    I'm not doubting that, but until then HEATHEEEEEN.
    G-Sage
    Forbidden! Kick Ass!... and Yeah Bonded by Blood are really good at what they do. I love their flow, can't wait 'til I hear this album. Feed the Beast made me laugh a few times during the album because he sounds like Rockso the Rock n' Roll Clown, I think I liked a bit better for the laugh factor. Good band.
    King Zirconium
    Vedicardi
    FearOfTheDuck wrote: The only thrash revival band that does anything for me is Municipal Waste, they're not stuck in 1986 unlike so many of the other bands. Evile for example, they sound like Slayer. I've got the Slayer records so no thanks.
    lol clearly haven't listened to infected nations
    Mulldarran
    Feed the Beast didn't sound like an old Exodus record at all, wtf xD It's very good band though.
    EpiExplorer
    Hang on, I should have said GOOD band to revive themselves.
    metallifreak77
    EpiExplorer
    Mmm, not quite. But they are playing a good part in it, they're starting a regional scene etc. I got the Fear Candy CD and the track on it is pretty sweet.
    jorge-fg
    thrashdance87
    Lion_Slicer
    One crucial mistake that these thrash revival bands all made early on was TRYING to sound like a thrash band. I feel that now that the movement is aging a bit, the best the involved bands are getting mature enough to be themselves, which results in sounding not just better, but independent from the original thrash gods. Bonded by Blood doesn't sound like Exodus anymore, and Evile doesn't really sound like Slayer anymore. So now that these guys have found their identity, we're going to be seeing more and more good thrash metal getting put out. Personally, Warbringer are my favorite, though now that Evile isn't just pretending to be Slayer their new album has been growing on me. I love Skeletonwitch too, but they're very different. Bonded by Blood is decent, they have some really cool guitar work--a few leads on this album are really inventive. But I do not like their singer much. Exodus always was my least favorite thrash band.
    EpiExplorer
    The only true revival band is Heathen because they sort of.. revived themselves. Uh, but yeah, its good to see bands like Evile getting on the big stages too. I think they were headlining Hellfest this year...?
    FearOfTheDuck
    jorge-fg
    jorge-fg wrote: thrashdance87 wrote: Bonded by Blood is "just an imitation" of what thrash metal was all about. Wanna hear good new thrash? Listen to Mantic Ritual and Fueled by Fire! There is also Warpath, Gama Bomb, Trivium (ONLY THE ALBUM "THE CRUSADE" THE REST IS SHIT) and Metalator...
    Ha, and I forgot the Prayers of Sanity...