A Higher Place review by Born of Osiris

• Released: Jul 7, 2009
Born of Osiris: A Higher Place

Born of Osiris returns with their new CD "A Higher Place", they have sure grown as a band and it shows. This CD is nothing like their debut CD "The New Reign", but that isn't a bad thing. They have left they break beat style, and incorporated a more technical and progressive style, but with the unique Born of Osiris twist to it. Each song has awesome riffs which keep the album flowing, despite the short length of the songs. They could have made longer songs with all the riffs they had, but all in all, its still pretty amazing how it came out. Production I have to say is neither better nor worse. It could have been better, with more bass. But it still has a very unique sound.

The vocalist tone has changed since "The New Reign", and is much better now than before. The keyboard player also does some more vocals than more which is nice. Born of Osiris started out really young, so their lyrics are about growing up and evolving since "The New Reign". In "A Higher Place", they have taken it to the next level against what blinds us.

The intro track "Rebirth" starts of the album with a recognizable tone from the song "The Takeover". My favorite songs on "A Higher Place" are Now Arise, Starved, Exist, Put to Rest, An Ascent and Thrive. Some songs fade away, and end very abruptly which is kind of a let down for me, but its better than it repeating and being boring.