Boston review by Boston

• Released: Sep 22, 1976
Boston: Boston

Boston opened up their debut with a light and cheerful acoustic tone backed-up with a beautiful warm overdrive that is so unique to them. They tend to lead into a track with an acoustic intro, and then one of Tom Scholz's powerful overdriven riffs just takes over. Most people in the world have heard "More Than A Feeling" and it does exactly that. It also holds the signature instrumental "Foreplay" where Scholz basically shows off how many instruments he can play! (There's one on every album). And finally it holds "Hitch A Ride" the calm song that concentrates more on Brad Delp's awesome vocals. A lot of the songs are very similar and most people would say Boston are a bit repetitive but if you like their sound enough it doesnt really matter.

The lyrics are very well written and very clear, you can tell they are mostly written from experience or from the heart beacause they have a real meaning that most people can relate to. Delp projects the words of each song clearly over the music with his crystal voice and the two just seem to work really well.

Still Boston's best album, unbeatable as far as debuts go. It easily tops any other band under the sun (my slightly biased opinion). The best thing about it is the real feel-good vibes you get from it, listening to Boston can really cheer you up in any situation, something that not many bands can do. My personal favorites are "More Than A Feeling" and "Peace Of Mind" (the first two tracks) beacause they are so perfectly written and recorded.

Jsten419
    Right on! Boston = best band ever. Period. This is the music I would give anything to have grown up with way back when. I was born a few decades late to enjoy the mania that was boston first hand. Brad Delp, we miss you.
    boston10
    I was also born a few decades late. I grew up on third stage (we need a reveiw!!!) which is my favorite album of all time. and proceeded to the debut album and don't look back. and just recently in the past few years I have come to love walk on and corporate america. Boston=... ya pretty much best band evar!