Boston review by Boston

• Released: Sep 22, 1976
Boston: Boston

Boston is a classic rock/arena rock band, so you'll be hearing a lot of power chords, solos, and catchy riffs. Their sound is pretty identifiable, mostly because of this album. It's their most famous, for good reason. Boston does a great job of everything. I like Delp's voice, the soaring harmonized guitars, the drums, everything. It's just a great classic rock sound. My only complaint is that you start to get bored after awhile since a lot of the songs are alike in structure, and even though it's different lyrics, or a different riff, it still feels the same as the last song. That's just me though.

The lyrics are straight forward. No real hidden meanings for Boston, they've always been simple minded about their lyrics. Delp's voice is good, I can see why some people would dislike it though. However, it fits pretty well with the music. It's a fun style, which mixes very well with the catchy sound of the music.

This is Boston. By far their best album, might as well call it a greatest hits. My favorite songs are "Peace of Mind", and "Foreplay/Long Time". I love the guitar work, and the assorted instruments thrown in (tambourine for instance). I dislike how it starts sounding generic if you listen to it a lot (not as bad as some bands like Rush, but it's very tolerable). If lost or stolen, I'd pretty much HAVE to buy it again. This is Boston's centerpiece. If you consider yourself a Boston fan, you have this album.

rocknroll jesus
    one the greatest albums of all time. more than a feeling is the best song on the album and one of the best in the world. but i don't think it has the right kind of intro for the opening song. peace of mind would be better or even foreplay/longtime. nonetheless great album.