Greatest Hits review by Boston

• Released: Jun 3, 1997
Boston: Greatest Hits

Excellent sound. The guitar is one-of-a kind. It truly is one of the things that makes Boston stand out from all other AOR bands. The harmony is superb. The guitars, vocals, keyboards, everything just flows into one. I really can't tell you who they sound like, because they are so unique. The sound just captures you. Whether it's an soft song, full of melody, like "Livin' For You," or and harder, driving song, say "Higher Power," you will love it.

The lyrics really grab your attention. Songs like "A Man I'll Never Be" and "Peace Of Mind" make you think. Some of the sweeter, more AORish lyrics are heartfelt, other ones like "Don't Look Back" are just fun. Brad Delp sings lead vocals for most of the songs, and does it well. Does he have an Amy Grant voice? No, thankfully, because if he did Boston wouldn't sound right. His voice is excellent, and makes the lyrics all the more powerful.

This is pretty much the best CD on my shelf. Get it. You won't be disappointed. Oh yeah, and if this got stolen, I'd steal it back.

Matnu
    I think the reason not to many people know about boston is because they were around for such a short time and released only a few albums
    Boston have been around since 1976 and are still going now. On top of that they have released 6 albums the most recent of which was in 2002/3
    which all had pretty much the same stuff on them
    Boston have two very distinct styles which blended from beginning to now. And at the same time all their songs are different, they have a "style" but all bands should have that anyway so most bands' music ought to sound "samey"