The Arsonist review by Bound to Fail

• Released: Aug 18, 2011
Bound to Fail: The Arsonist

The bands new sound on this album is awesome. Its a huge improvement from some of Bound To Fail's earlier music and by far the heaviest sound this band has ever had. Its not the most technical stuff, but it all fits perfectly into the metalcore genre. On this new album, Bound To Fail has done a great job at putting together everything you want and expect to hear from a current metalcore band.

The lyrics are great. All of the songs have a unique cyborg apocalypse theme to them. The theme is approached a little bit differently on a each of the songs, but it still makes sense from start to finish. Some of the songs have a darker approach to the delivery of the screams, and the lyrical content. This aspect of the record is really present in the songs "Points One And Zero", "Paroxysm", and "Cyborg Wars". The screams are top notch on this record. The vocalist has a perfect fry scream that he uses for most of the songs, and he mixes it with some heavy death metal growls. The clean vocals on this CD are really good. There is only a few singing parts, but the contrast works great with their new sound. Somebody different is doing the clean vocals on this album, and it works great.

I really don't know if I can compare these guys to any other band. They have developed their own unique sound on this record. I've heard a few bands that are similar, but Bound To Fail mixes it up just enough to standout. Overall, I'm impressed. For an unsigned band this is some of the best stuff I heard. If you like fast harmonized metal riffs, crushing breakdowns, death metal vocals and a lot of melody you should definitely get this album, or at least listen to it.