A Hangover You Dont Deserve review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Bowling for Soup: A Hangover You Dont Deserve

Bowling For Soup's not only the best pop punk band around right now, but the most down to earth guys you will ever meet. The music is just too fun not to like. The singer/writer Jaret just has a way of making you smile and make you feel happy, which is a good change up of the new wave of emo music. Basically every song has potential to be a radio hit, and every song is potentially one of the songs you play over and over for weeks straight. They really seemed to evolve instrumental wise from their last album, this album seems to have catchier riffs that get stuck in your head for days.

The lyrics of BFS are so original and happy it's nearly impossible to not like them. The upbeat, kind of excited mood the music sets, fits in perfectly with the more happyish/heartfelt lyrics. The lyrics I guess could be considered very pop-punkish, but they are so much more than that. You can tell by the way he sings throughout this album, and if you just listen to how straight foward he is putting everything, it just makes everything in life make more sense. How can you not love a song with the lyrics, "All we need is some ice cream and a hug?"

I think A Hangover You Don't Deserve is probably the best pop-punk CD released in 2004. I think it was just a showcase of how much they improved from Drunk Enough To Dance, and their other previous albums before that. The best songs to me on the CD are Two Seater, Last Call Casualty, Almost, Shut Up And Smile. I myself as a fan of emo music, need to get away from it once in awhile, and just change things up, and I think BFS is the best band to listen to while your either sad or just not feeling well at all. To me these guys just have a real grasp on life and what its all about. This album is definitely worth buying, and I would for sure buy it again if I lost it. Please do yourself a favor and buy this CD.