A Hangover You Dont Deserve review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Bowling for Soup: A Hangover You Dont Deserve

The sound in this album is okay. If you liked their last album you will like this one. The music hasn't evolved much (not that that's bad) but overall there aren't many catchy lead riffs or varying with the power chords. It has not branched into any other styles, and still does the same thing over and over. Best of BFS, but compared to other artists who have decided to branch out, it's just average.

Super. I have been a fan of BFS and the whole pop-punk scene for a while and never have I heard such funny/uplifting lyrics. You can tell from the song titles that they are going to be fun. A song for every occasion funny secret songs. The singer has never been bad and still isn't. Less whiny than most singers of the genre and his voice goes well with the music. My favorite good/funny lyrics are: 1985, get happy, almost, and shut up and smile, in no particular order.

Whether or not you want this CD is really dependent on what you want. Don't look for depressing or really intelligent lyrics, and musically don't look for inventive riffs or beats (there are a couple of cool bass lines though). If you're looking for inventive music and lyrics check out Midtown or Good Charlotte's new albums, but if you want fun, rock out music get it. I wasn't disappointed and I would get it again if something happened to it. Overall it deserves a chance even if you weren't a previous fan. And read the booklet - it's hilarious.