Drunk Enough To Dance review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Aug 6, 2002
Bowling for Soup: Drunk Enough To Dance

The sound of this album is excellent, in my opinion. Jaret's vocals are like no other. Many of the songs on this album are fast and vigorous, such as 'The Last Rock Show', 'Punk Rock 101', and 'Self-Centered'. Some of their songs may get a little repetitive, but this CD is completely worth buying.

The lyrics were outstanding! Fun, catchy, deep...well....at least fun and catchy. Many of their songs are about relationships, but unlike most bands, these guys aren't still hung up on their ex. Song's like 'Emily' and 'Life After Lisa' explain how they're better of without'em! 'Girl All The Bad Guys Want', probably the most well known song on the album, is a great song lyrically and guitar-wise. The intro is the perfect beginning to an awesome song. Overall, the lyrics these guys come up with is remarkable.

This is one of my favorite CD's in my collection. This group of Texans really knows how to right damn good songs. It is definitely worth buying, and it includes bonus songs like 'My Greatest Day', 'The Star Song', and 'Belgium' (in acoustic form, #28 on the album) from their previous album 'Let's Do It For Johnny'. I lost mine a couple days ago, so if I don't find it, I'm definately going to buy it again.