Fishin' For Woos review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Apr 25, 2011
Bowling for Soup: Fishin' For Woos

Classic BFS. I've heard "FFW" described as them going back to their sound of 2002 and that is exactly what it is. More serious than "Sorry For Partyin'", this is an album that anyone could listen to and find at least one song that they like. "FFW" consists of BFS' own brand of ridiculously happy punk pop anthems mixed with acoustic and slower songs. Many of the songs will have you singing along and tapping your feet almost instantly. You can tell these guys are having fun.

Witty, humorous lyrics complete the classic Bowling For Soup sound. The majority of songs are written by Jaret Reddick (singer) with a few co-written with Linus of Hollywood or by Erik Chandler (bass). Cheeky innuendo out of the way, there are some amazingly deep lyrics here. Jaret's vocal range is incredible and is shown off throughout the album. While you can easily tell it's him singing, his voice has developed so much from the days of "Rock On Honourable Ones".

Now that the guys are no longer tied to Jive records they can do what they want with their albums. It is easy to see that they love doing what they do and now have complete freedom over what kind of songs they can include which adds some variety to their sound. From my opinion there isn't a bad song on the album, from the heartfelt "Turbulence" to the hilarious "Here's Your Freakin' Song". I would definitely buy this album again if it was stolen. Despite it only just being released it is fast becoming a favourite!

Ravenix
    I saw this in HMV the other day and was tempted. I'm totally buying it now!
    Banjocal
    Dennis_SG
    Spotify hasn't got it when I wrote this message, as soon as they have it ill listen, I liked their previous albums alot.
    Silverpack
    Banjocal wrote: Okay, I like Bowling for Soup, but I trust no review for a pop-punk band where they receive 10/10 in every field.
    This. I just don't get it. I tried once to write a review and I was warned to be critical, if not it wouldn't be released. And this review may be just one of tenths of other 10/10 reviews not critical at all ! Please, UG admins, explain me !
    headbang123
    rockfreak611 wrote: This band still exists?
    my thoughts exactly i forgot all about them but i moght check this out
    headbang123
    headbang123 wrote: rockfreak611 wrote: This band still exists? my thoughts exactly i forgot all about them but i moght check this out
    *might cant type today