Sorry For Partyin' review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Oct 12, 2009
Bowling for Soup: Sorry For Partyin'

So here comes another album from the happiest-going-luckiest band in history. Their latest release fits in perfectly with their back catalogue, it is non-stop the Bowling For Soup we have all come to love. 01. A Really Cool Dance Song: a great song that serves to sneer at how false and tacky the "music" industry is by being a generic dancey song, with added guitars. 7 02. No Hablo Ingles: Bowling For Soup doing what they do best, with a surprising metalish bit in the middle. 8 03. My Wena: a song about Jaret's dog; Wena, naww. 8 04. Only Young: a very =') song. Its quite a simple idea. "I dont wanna grow up, but its happening, but im gonna still be happy." My favorite. 10 05. I Dont Wish You Were Dead Anymore: good song is good, with really quite impressive piano for the first 5ish seconds. 7 06. BFFF: the story of two best friends who love eachother in a hetrosexual way. 8 07. Me With No You: this albums power ballad. Its nothing too astounding in terms of ability, but still a very good song, personally I think its better than "When We Die". 8 08. Hooray For Beer: need I say anything? 9 09. America (Wake Up Army): my interpretation is that this song is the happiest politics ever. The chorus is so half moshy half bouncy that you cant sit still listening to it, I find anyway. 9 10. If Only: personally think it blends into the rest quite unnoticably, by no means bad, just nothing special. 6 11. I Gotchoo: the happiest riff ever concieved is found here, and a vocal part that I find reminiscent of OPM's "Heaven Is A Halfpipe". Really its nothing like it but I find them similar somewhere down the line. Also including pinch harmonics, XD to be perfectly honest. 9 12. Love Goes Boom: same as If Only, I find it blends in quite mehly. 6 13. I Cant Stand LA: BFS doing what they do best again. Fun song is fun. 7 14. Belgium Polka: WTF? Its odd and to be honest I don't see what its purpose is. Not the best way to close an otherwise very good album. 5

The lyrics are simple yet effective all the way through the album. Also little quips in between lines, like in "I Gotchoo" - "Elvis or the Beatles, who cares who's the best?" ("beatles") are generally very funny. Jarets voice hasn't changed at all which is a very good thing because he can sing very well. He has a little scereamy thing in "I Gotchoo" after a couple of pinch harmonics, and he also pushes his singing ability on Me With No You, with higher notes than TGBEC.

All in all, Sorry For Partyin' is Bowling For Soup being Bowling For Soup, and is very good as an addition to their back catalogue or as a stand alone album. Best song is without a doubt "Only Young" for me, optimism makes me very very very happy. Its a very impressive album to the point where I would say its a competitor to be their best.

hawkdude9
    VivaLaGeorge! wrote: immitating tom delong trash like this makes me want to cry
    i agree. on topic, theyre great people, i think one of the most humble bands out there. they really just want to have fun...thats it.
    A Broken String
    I love this album!
    tbailey12 wrote: dude...i was impressed with this album. i knew they were getting on in years and i feared the worst, but i was pleasantly surprised when i listened to it. there was only one song i don't really like, and all the other ones are great. for people reading this...if you are a bfs fan, at least check it out yourself and give it a chance. by the way, "a really cool dance song" is sarcastic. it's about how all the new music coming out these days sucks, and i find the song very amusing and absolutely true.
    I completely agree with you, except times a million! And in case anyone's wondering (and nobody is), my favourites are "I Gotchoo" and "No hablo ingls" B.F.S., Keep on rockin'! 10/10 =3
    fretman5000
    this review is kinda off the mark, if your a bfs fan, youll appreciate these songs, and theres definately some good stuff on here. i give it an 8 say what you want, these guys are clever songwriters
    fmfualex
    gdsum41fan wrote: bfs always has been a terrible band and jaret has always tried and failed at immitating tom delonge
    Which songs does he imitate Tom Delonge? I can't place it.