Sorry For Partyin' review by Bowling for Soup

• Released: Oct 12, 2009
Bowling for Soup: Sorry For Partyin'

I don't understand why people think this album sounds nothing like old Bowling For Soup, because it does. Sure there's a little more synth in there than on previous albums, but it's only really noticeable in A Really Cool Dance Song (which is self-explanatory) and My Wena. There's the really catchy guitar based such as No Hablo Ingles, there's the slow ballad Me With No You and there's the obligatory new version of Belgium which takes on a Polka themed guise. Jaret's voice hasn't changed at all and you can tell it's BFS from the second you hear it.

Witty lyrics are everywhere as usual. The majority of songs are about girls, although there is much more variety of subject than on other albums, eg No Hablo Ingles is about getting out of awkward/undesirable situations by telling people you don't speak English and A Really Cool Dance Song is about how the majority of the music industry is generic dance music that anybody could do. Apart from a short, but lame, talking part in A Really Cool Dance Song, the lyrics are clever and catchy.

This is one of Bowling For Soup's best albums, and out of the 18 songs there are only two that I frequently skip. I am in love with Amateur Night and Only Young, but will happily listen to the album over and over.