Boxcar Racer review by Box Car Racer

• Released: May 21, 2002
Box Car Racer: Boxcar Racer

The Sound is definitely a darker side to the tom delonge music writing. The sound is more hardcore punk than pop punk. Doesn't innovate greatly, but is some of the best of this genre.

The lyrics are a lot more emotional and angry, straying from the Blink 182 joke and humor (not that that is bad). This band could be compared with the new Blink 182, just a little bit harder. Some of the lyrics almost made me cry. Almost.

The Sad part of this, is that this band will just be known as a Blink 182 sidenote, but it is one of the greatest punk acheivments I've ever heard. If this was stolen, I wouldn't be surprised, because it is so good. The highlight of this cd has to be "Letters To God" a very excellent song that is all acoustic until the end. The only bad part of this cd is "My First Punk Song" which I wouldn't be surprised if it was delonge's first song, because its not all that great, but definately does not hurt the album at all. If you ever find this cd, buy it, even if you are a Blink hater, because it is different.