Boxcar Racer review by Box Car Racer

• Released: May 21, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Box Car Racer: Boxcar Racer

It sounds a whole lot like the newest selftitled Blink 182 cd, or take off your pants and jacket, so you can judge that by yourself. However without Mark in the band the songs loose alot of the melody. It's not an incredibly unique sound even putting its connection to Blink 182 aside.

I personaly find the lyrics to contain too much teen angst, and complaining. And it upsets me that this comes from grown married men with children. I don't see how people find teen angst and complaining to be mature as many people claim it is. Toms singing hasn't improved very much from Blink 182s earliest days, however it dose sound slightly better after the studio effects have been added in. If you can get past everything I've just said you could find yourself with average lyrics and singing.

Fortanatly, the Boxcar Racers website has free downloads of their presumably good songs, so I didn't have to spend any money on this, or hear any of the relativly bad songs. One thing that I think is a great idea though is having fans submit videos for the songs. I beleive that at best Boxcar Racer is only an average band at best. You can find better music at local music shows. It is fair to say that this band was only signed becuase it is made up of people from already popular bands, and becuase it fits in well with the current mtv punk scene.