Boxcar Racer review by Box Car Racer

• Released: May 21, 2002
Box Car Racer: Boxcar Racer

The overall sound on this album is very good. The music fits perfectly with the lyrics, and together they make some kickass songs. The wail of the electric guitar is awesome, so soulful! The only song that isn't done well is Elevator. Don't get me wrong, its a great song, but it's too cheery sounding to be about killing yourself. The sound isn't amazing, but its still some of the best punk around.

Tom DeLong's voice isn't so great, but I like it. It fits perfectly into the songs and is just part of the overall genious of the songs. On a lot of tracks, the lyrics are what makes the song. On Letters To God, the anxious, sorrowful plee is awesome. On Watch The World, which is the best damn song on the album, lines like, "I saw a field that grew perfection full of things you do" make it amazing and almost poetic.

Boxcar Racer is just as good, if not better than Blink 182. It's a must have. All the songs are great, and it's matured since the days Tom sang of blow jobs and ejaculation. The overall effect is breathtaking.