Boxcar Racer review by Box Car Racer

• Released: May 21, 2002
Box Car Racer: Boxcar Racer

Boxcar Racer, being Toms band from Blink 182, has a lot of things to say in this band. Delonge has step over the Blink boundaries on his boxcar album, and sounds quite different from Blink. Tom and Travis make an excellent pair together, and in this album, they show exactly that.

The lyrics in this band are quite strong, and have a few depressing side to the band. Even though they have depressing lyrics, the guitar and drums don't even make it feel emo or anything, which is a hard thing to do in an album. Tom's voice also sounds really good in this album. I alos like this album because it shows what Tom wanted to say in Blink, but couldn't use this material because Mark also had his own ideas, which kind of cancelled out Toms.

This album is very meaningful, and has a lot to say about the world. The things I love about this album is the powerful lyrics/vocals, and the drumming. If I ever lost this album, I would definately go out and buy it. One of the reasons why I didn't give this CD 10/10, is because when two of the three blink members did this side project, Mark and Tom had gone slightly down hill with their relationship, and Blink being my favourite band, I hated the fact that this was one of the reasons why Blink broke up.