Boxcar Racer review by Box Car Racer

• Released: May 21, 2002
Box Car Racer: Boxcar Racer

Tom Delonge one of the guys behind Blink 182 created this master piece. They have two different 'sounds' on this album; one is slightly heavy and the other is light-ish with a good beat to go with it. It's a really good album but if you're a really big Blink 182 fan don't jump in and buy it check it out first since you can't really see much of Blink 182 in the album. My impression of the album is that the album is really amazing but one or two of the songs are a bit useless.

The lyrics are more mature than Blink 182's lyrics but this is a positive thing since you don't want the exactly the same sound and type of lyrics. They go over some serious topics like in track 3 'Watch The World' which is a bit different for Tom Delonge back in 02' since Blink 182 it's all like that. Tom's skills as a singer are excellent he has really improved big time over the course of his carrier.

Compared to Blink 182 it's really nothing special but if your into this sort of music it's a must buy. The most impressive songs on the album have to be Watch The World, And I, Letters To God, There Is and Elevator. Worst track is My First Punk Song. I love how this album twists the music around but I don't like some of the ideas for it that they went along with on it. Maybe it could be slightly more polished otherwise it's great. If I lost it or it was stolen and I saw it in the bargain bin I'd defiantly grab it.

archangelseren
    this is good stuff not the same as blinks albums it is different to self titled. sorrow and, and i are me favorites