Boy Hits Car Review

Boy Hits Car: Boy Hits Car
Release Date: Jan 9, 2001
Label: Wind-up
Genres: Grunge, Alternative Metal
The best way to describe Boy Hits Car, the sophomore effort from the band of the same name, is to combine the elements of a few of their contemporaries.
 6.9
 3.8
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Boy Hits Car Reviewed by: Spinaltap37, on march 31, 2008

Sound: This band is definetly a band you want to check out. They are amazing. Catch lyrics, awesome basslines, great guitar riffs, and a nice 12 sting acoustic guitar. Boy Hits Car are a Rock/Alternative band but considered "Lovecore" by their fans. The encorporate clean guitars and higher pitched basslines and throw in a 12 string acoustic guitar once in a while. Plus honestly what other lead singer of a band do you know that would do a 70ft stage dive without even hesitating. This is one of those bands that you know are really greatful for their fans // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are great. Mostly about love and peace but thrown in with the music it's a perfect match. The singer has the ability to go from soothing clean vocals to a rough scream back to some high pitched clean vocals with no trouble at all. I'd have to say he might be one of the most talented vocalists in music today. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to the other albums it's still great. I've never heard a bad song from Boy Hits Car. All the songs flow together well and you just can't stop listening to them. Some great songs from this album are "I'm A Cloud," "As I Watch the Sun F--k The Ocean," "Unheard." Basically any song on the album should be mentioned here. I really like the fact that they use clean guitars but then can go right into a heavily distored riff and it stills sounds great. There's nothing bad I can say about this album only because there isn't a bad thing about it. If it were stolen I would find the person that stole it and would hurt them very badly. If it were lost I'd be upset and burn a copy and then listen to that one as I go out to buy the actual album. // 10

Comments