Civilian review by Boy Kill Boy

• Released: Jun 19, 2006
Boy Kill Boy: Civilian

Boy Kill Boy, an electronic band from the UK, have made the break in the USA, with the support of iTunes (they were the Discover and Download one week with their song "Suzie") and many American people. I, myself, like the electronic stylings and overpowering keyboards. The skill of the band is easy to figure out; they're beginiers in the music business and blend in with some famous electronic bands like The Bravery. Realistically, many people who like catchy beats, punk-rock-like guitars, and fast, dancable beats will like this album.

The lyrics, like most bands today, are fairly shallow. Take the song "Killer" for example. The song's lyrics go from the overly repeatative "Get on the right track" to "Killer kill us all" (which sounds a lot like "Keel-ha keel us all", but the UK-ish accents are sort of responsible for that), which sort of makes no sense. The song "Six Minutes" is extremly repeatative. It talks about incremints of time with the word "six" in it. Also, the chorus is a bit mumbled (I looked it up, and some of the songs I looked up couldn't be understood). In short: the lyrics are catchy, fun, and full of garbles, but they are fairly shallow.

Overall, the CD is a 45 minute ride of fun for the person who loves to move to catchy (but still pretty repeatative) lyrics, fast paced keyboards, and '80's punk-rock-like guitars and basses. Boy Kill Boy does show some serious promise, but if they don't shape up their lyrics, they're going to die out pretty quick. Overall, this album gets an 8 from me, and will be in constant play on my stereo system and my iPod. I look forward to their (hopefully they will have a) next album, where I hope they lyrics will be shaped-up and the keyboards will be as fast as ever.