Love Drunk review by Boys Like Girls

• Released: Sep 8, 2009
Boys Like Girls: Love Drunk

Boys Like Girls first album seemed to be more focused on memories and the past more in my opinion. Five Minutes till Midnight is a great example, as is The Great Escape. The newest album seems kind of bi-polar actually. The cd is full of mixed emotions. Such as self reflection, "Someone Like You", regret, "She's Got a Boyfriend Now", love, "Two is better than one", anger, "Love Drunk" and hope, "Go". Compared to the first album I think this one steps it up a little more instrumentally (I heard a couple good solo's throughout the album). Overall, this record focuses a little more on present feelings, and dwells a little less on the past than the first album. I was also very happy to hear a couple softer songs thrown in.

Wow, where to start on this one. The first song on this cd to really catch my attention was track 4 "Two is better than One". "There's so much time, to figure out the rest of our lives, and you've already got me going under, i'm thinking two is better than one." The words sound so much more mature to me than anything off their first record. It's almost like Martin is starting to grow up a little bit. I also found myself singing "Contagious" over and over in my head all day, which tells me that they definitely show their ability to write a catchy chorus. Most of the lyrics on the album are pretty solid.

I won't compare Love Drunk to any other bands because I think as a whole they have their own thing going on. Their style is pop-rock with a little bit of punk feel thrown in there. The most solid songs on the album are "Love Drunk", "Two is better than One, "Contagious", "Someone Like You", and "Chemicals Collide". In my opinion, it's not as good as their first one. But there are a lot of good songs on the album that I think will stick with BLG fans for a long time. The only negative thing I would say there is about this album is that it's a little too "poppy" and not enough rock-oriented. The band is growing and I believe Boys Like Girls as a long successful future ahead of them.

AlexBristolUK
    @5150addict: Dude, come on. Look at the website you're using in a bit more depth. I decided I liked an album a couple of weeks ago and wanted to tell the world, so I came on here and made an account. The first thing I did was write a review, and it got posted. Its easy. You don't need people on here to give you a chance to do it. Unless your reviews are being rejected because they aren't good enough? I dunno.