Make Yourself Sick review by Boys Night Out

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Boys Night Out: Make Yourself Sick

Boys Night Out has always been one of my favorite bands and this album says why! The guitars are really cool for a pop/punk album. Interesting use of effects for voice and instruments in a few of the songs such as in (Just Once) Let's Do Something Different.

The lyrics for the most part you can tell are well writen and there's a good emo feel to it. Some of the titles of the songs make you think the songs lyrics are darker then the song really is. The song Hold On Tightly, Let Go Lightly is definitely my favorite lyricwise("When you're left with only a bullet, I'll bring the trigger and a promsie to pull it"). Long titles make it hard to tell your friends how awesome this cd is. The lyrics are definitely some of my favorite of all the cds i have.

This is great album. It is well worth buying. If it were lost or stolen even I would go out and buy it again. And that's saying a lot because I don't like buying cds. I bought the cd for one song and ending up loving them all. The best songs on the album are "Hold On Tightly, Let Go Lightly", "I Was the Devil for One Afternoon", and "(Just Once) Let's Do Something Different". It compares to Fall Out Boy, Brand New's album Your Favorite Weapon, and Taking Back Sunday.