Tomorrow Come Today review by BoySetsFire

• Released: Apr 1, 2003
BoySetsFire: Tomorrow Come Today

This album reflects a change in direction, similar to that of The Movielife (RIP) and Thrice, in the way that it includes less punk and more hardcore. This is, however, not a bad thing. There are a number of great songs on here, many varying in style. For example, "Last Year's Nest" sounds a bit nu-metally, whilst "Release The Dogs" adds a hint of punk into the mix. Overall, a very good sound, with some catchy melodies and powerful riffs.

This is the fun part. Boysetsfire are a political band, members of the American communist movement, and the lyrics do a great job of depicting what they feel. The opening speech at the start of "Eviction Article", ending with the screams of "Protest is Patriotism", paves the way for the rest of the album - aggressive, angry, and...well, aggressive! Mixing screaming with singing, on top of fast, heavy riffs is what BSF do best. Even if you are not a strong political person, it is still easy to get into the album, as I have, because the lyrics can easily be related to other things. Because I am not a communist, however, it is hard to rate the lyrics.

If I was asked to sum up this album in one word, I would say "powerful". The anger contained within the lyrics, and the merciless barrage of noise that goes with it, creates an aggressive showcase of strong political opinion, and it is hard not to enjoy each and every moment. I am pleased i bought this album, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Atreyu, Thrice or Hope Conspiracy. Standout songs for me include "White Wedding Dress", "Release The Dogs", "Last Year's Nest" and "High Wire Escape Artist", featured on the soundtrack to the Daredevil movie. Overall, an intense album, but one that I never get tired of.

darkseason
    This is a great album. I generally listen to more "metal" type bands, but these guys have heavy riffs and catchy vocals. It's best heard loud! Iwill buy more of their music in the future.
    TimeToWaste
    I was given this album for my birthday five years ago. Since then I've bought hundreds more albums, but this is still one of the best in my collection. I'm into both metal and punk, and this album straddles the boundaries between the two genres perfectly. I only saw this band once, at Leeds festival, where they put on a mighty display of force on a pretty small stage. A great band, and one that is sorely missed.