This Is Country Music review by Brad Paisley

• Released: May 23, 2011
Brad Paisley: This Is Country Music

One of Country Music's best Guitarists/Singer is back with some more stories to talk about. From the bouncing beat of the title track "This Is Country Music" to the summer-like feel in "Working On A Tan", there is nothing more complete than having to hear one of Brad's solos. Plus there is "Eastwood", which has a intro with two kids talking and what seems to be Clint Eastwood talking, the song has a rockabilly, Western country feeling. In the song "Old Alabama", he speeds the tempo... Which we pretty much expect a fast solo, which he does do. While the music is great, there are spaces when Brad seemed to be having trouble singing over all the instruments. Plus the album includes duets with many others such as: Alabama ("Old Alabama"), Carrie Underwood ("Remind Me"), Don Henley ("Love Her Like She's Leavin'"), Clint Eastwood ("Eastwood"), Blake Shelton ("Don't Drink The Water"), Marty Stuart, Sheryl Crow, and Carl Jackson ("Life's Railway To Heaven").

In the title track, he talks about subjects that are familiar with. From having others believe in Jesus or having memories to those who have served our U.S.A. At the end, he mentions titles to other songs such as "God Bless the U.S.A." and "A Country Boy Can Survive". And in "Old Alabama", he talks about having romance similar in a way Alabama would say. As he would say "It's love in the first-degree". As we know Brad, he is humorous as it is mentioned in the song "Toothbrush". All that is needed to be said is what he says in the first verse at the beginning "Love Start With A Toothbrush". I am impressed by the lyrics as well as how Brad sings it, but there are times when he just a little too quiet.

Overall, this is a great update to Brad's already amazing music. The duets are great as well. But I am not surprised with the duet with Carrie Underwood (he did "Oh Love" with her on her "5th Gear" album). From it all, he seems to sound similar to Garth Brooks. But he is one of his own: a great guitarist with a good sense of humor and great singing skills. Aside from the quietness in some parts of songs, this is definitely a great example of saying that "This Is Country Music".

thejester
    i think this is a great overall album. never been a huge album fan but i think this one is well rounded. every year it seems his chops get better and better and better. phenomenal guitarist
    Country_Lover44
    oh dear... it seems that i typed 'her' instead of 'his' sorry about that everyone. note: the word 'his' that was supposed to be in there instead of 'her' when i mentioned: 'on HIS album 5th gear'
    BwareDWare94
    Country_Lover44
    thanks for the tip... but this isn't bad for my first review though...
    metalfr3ak666
    I really don't wanna correct your grammar, but it really bugged me. thanks for the tip...but this isn't bad for my first review though ... You need to get rid of either your "but" or "though," or else they end up clashing with each other and make your sentence a bit confusing.
    Country_Lover44
    metalfr3ak666 wrote: Country_Lover44 wrote: BwareDWare94 wrote: It's nice to see another Country review, but you have to clean it up a bit. Right off the bat you have a comma outside of a quotation mark, which isn't always incorrect but it's never necessary. It just looks bad. Also, after that comma you state something that doesn't tie in to the first part of the sentence. Watch out for that kind of thing. Remember, no one is in a competition with you. There are only a handful of reviews for country albums, so make sure your reviews are clean. At least there are other fans on the site, though. You're doing good work as far as content is concerned. Work on sentence structure a bit. Take more time to edit. Keep it up, though. We need more country on this site. thanks for the tip... but this isn't bad for my first review though... I really don't wanna correct your grammar, but it really bugged me. thanks for the tip...but this isn't bad for my first review though... You need to get rid of either your "but" or "though," or else they end up clashing with each other and make your sentence a bit confusing.
    yes, i understand my grammer is bad.
    EpiExplorer
    dale-banez wrote: Does UG even check these anymore?
    I think most of the reviews are based on the comments section these days.