Apocalyptic Feasting review by Brain Drill

• Released: Feb 5, 2008
Brain Drill: Apocalyptic Feasting

When I first listened to Brain Drill I was impressed by the incredible skill of both drummer and the guitarist. So incredibly high tempos and skillfull riffs all along. The sound of this band is just completly "apocalyptic". I felt they where doing some kind of improvisation all along the songs making it have a really impresive sound. As some people might call them "brutal / technical death metal" I fell they might crossed the line for a new genre, I felt no one has ever experimented with that kind of riffs and tapping skills all along the songs.

The lyrics are really simple but at the same time have great feeling to them just giving some apocalyptic scenes of a world being destroyed by a zombie infection.The lyrics and the music combined really good by making it as heavy and as good as the instruments by itself. The singer has great talent he could go from really low notes to incredibly high notes from moment to moment. I was more impressed by his high note ability and technique giving the songs this great sound.

Some of the songs that you might want to hear more that once are "Apocalyptic Feasting" this is the song with more changes in the album, the begining just goes as brutal as all and you get some parts where they slow down a little bit but in a good way also you get a really good sample of the bassist ability. Theres incredibly good moments in some songs like "The Parasites" or "Consumed By The Dead". This is a band with an incredible talent on all of their musicians and great idea of what there music will be, as at times the music may get a little repetitive I felt like it was a great album for being their first but I fell they have many more things to show us. This album is very recommended for those metalheads in search of a realy fast and heavy sounding band with really skillfull players.

Balmazer
    Upon_Belail
    hahaha tools these guys are definitely not sloppy(some people jealous of amazing talent) i just wish they still had marco...
    shreddymurphy
    Balmazer wrote: "'brutal / technical death metal' I fell they might crossed the line for a new genre, I felt no one has ever experimented with that kind of riffs and tapping skills all along the songs." Brain Drill are not the only ones playing this kind of music another band, which is very similar is Viraemia.
    I tend to enjoy Brain Drill a bit better, simply because of the vocals. Both bands are amazing though The bass player, Jeff Hughell, played or plays in both. I'm not sure if he is still in Brain Drill or not but he's incredible. The constant sweeps and 'shred' start getting almost annoying after you listen to it for a while, however they are two of the most talented bands I've ever listend too, as far as technique go.
    theFACEdude
    If anyone wants to listen to a band a bit like these guys but maybe just a little less full on crazy then you should listen to a band called Gallows For Grace. I've seen them play live several times and they have nailed every song perfectly each time, not sloppy or anything at all, which quite impressed me with dual sweeping picking parts.
    metallicafan616
    they're possibly the worst technical death metal band i've heard, especially seeing as the gutiarist is actually a bit sloppy. And they definately haven't created a new genre. That's like saying dragonforce created a new genre because people can't be asked to look for power metal thats faster.
    mafoogles
    i think this is not an absolutley amazing album, but not bad either. i enjoy listening to it every once and a while, but its nowhere near my all tiem favourite albums