Deja Entendu review by Brand New

• Released: Jun 17, 2003
Brand New: Deja Entendu

Brand New was able to combine Blues, Emo and some sort of jazz sound in one amazing album. The sound is amazing, every song has a unique sound to it. Even the 1st song Tautou, is fun to listen to and the lyrics consist of "I'm sinking like a stone in the sea, I'm burning like a bridge for your body." They have a way of combining so many different sounds into one, it's incredible. And Jessie's voice is so unique and the combination of the back vocals and his is also amazing.

Seriously, the lyrics are so amazingly genious its unbelievable. The lyrics are so creative and witty. He has a way of making the lyrics incredibly witty, and some people don't notice it. The lyrics are beautifully sang by Jessie's amazing voice, and fit perfect with the slow, and sometimes fast melodic music. " We admit to the truth, we are the best at what we do."

Compared to Your Favorite Weapon, this one blows it out. You can tell they evolved so much from the last album, whihc was pop/punkish. I know some people might favor the more catchy, poppier first album, but music wise if they can't admit this is 10 times better, they don't know anything about music. I've listened to this CD 10 times over and never got bored. I strongly recommend if you are a fan of bands like Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run, Matchbook Romance, and just Emo in general, definitely go buy this Cd, you won't regret it. I'd say it is the best overall CD I own.