Deja Entendu review by Brand New

• Released: Jun 17, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Brand New: Deja Entendu

Well I have to say I'm not really impressed by brand new's sound. Surely they have a nice, rock-beat but I don't see what the big deal is. It's your typical, "I'm a depressed person who can't get a girl" kind of music. I see all the music magazines and they rave about Brand New's "unique lyrics and sound" but I don't see the difference from any other emo/rock band.

hmph...media makes you think that Brand New is so amazing and has wonderful, meaningful, lyrics. Every song is about a girl or something stupid and meaningless. There's nothing to be impressed about in their lyrics. The bass and guitar riffs aren't half bad though. The singer has a good, strong voice as well.

I'll just simply put it this way: - stop listening to the media that raves about Brand New, this album is the same as any other band's album. Just download this cd, it's not worth buying unless you're one of those abercrombie followers who only listen to what the media likes, not what you like. This is basicly your typical rock band...you'd probably like this cd but I doubt you would think it's anything 'brand new' from what you've heard in previous years.