Deja Entendu review by Brand New

• Released: Jun 17, 2003
Brand New: Deja Entendu

Brand New is a fairly new artist, they have only released two full length albums, and still, I believe they are one of the best sounding bands I have ever heard. Some people will say that they are the same as any other screaming emo band, but they go much deeper than that. Jesse Lacey's lyrics are innovative and very deep. From songs like Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades to Okay I Believe you but my Tommy Gun Don't, they are creative, and make something simple, sound complex and simply put, amazin. This is my favourite album, and I don't know if that will ever change.

Like a put generally in the sound section, Jesse Lacey is amazing, he takes basic emo style lyrics, and he makes them very deep and creative. The screaming back and forth, with singing swaps by Jesse and Vinnie, is quite refreshing, and the deep low singing sections, with a strong beat. The music and lyrics fit together perfectly, and I can say that this is one band that I can really relate to what they're saying.

Brand New, if not already, will soon be the top artist in the emo genre. They simply destroy their opposition, with their depth in their instruments, lyrics and sound. The most impressive songs on this album are Sic Transit, Okay I believe you, The Quiet Things, and Good to Know. There is nothing I hated about this album, I love every bit, even the short Intro song. I would buy 5 copies of this jsut to make sure if I lost it I'd always have a backup. So yes, go out and buy Brand New, now!