Deja Entendu review by Brand New

• Released: Jun 17, 2003
Brand New: Deja Entendu

The sound on this album is freaken awesome. Its different then their first album (Your Favourite Weapon) which was more on the pop emo punk side, this ones slower pace at some points and deeper. This album is also more on the rock side. They use interesting riffs at some points and later regular power chords but Jessie makes up for that with the singing. They have a variety of styles of music, from acoustic stuff to sweet fast punk stuff and then to slower rock even jazzie sounds.

The Singing is AWESOME, I love the harmonies with the screaming and yelling and then the regular singing. The lyrics are brilliant! Anyone who says they are too "sappy" or "stupid" is wrong! They are awesome lyrics and very creative. I wish I could write lyrics like Jessie.

This Album Rocks!!! It's definitely one of my favourite albums of all time. If anyone ever asks me who my favouite band is I'm going to say Brand New. Some Of the Best Songs on it are: Play Crack The Sky, The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows, Sic Transit Gloria, Guernica, Jaws Theme Swimming! If It was ever lost or stolen I'd Be SO PISSED. Id deffinetly go out and buy another one! Right Away! It is Worth buying! I lOve BrandNew!!! \m/!