Deja Entendu review by Brand New

• Released: Jun 17, 2003
Brand New: Deja Entendu

The mellow sound of Brand New's 'Deja Entendu' makes it perfect to listen to no matter what kind of mood you are in. The bass lines are amazing, and they really play around with the guitar and drums. It takes a lot of talent to put music together the way these guys do! Musically the best two songs on this album are 'Jaws Theme Swimming' and 'Good to Know..' Amazing!

Jesse's voice goes along perfect with the lyrics. The yearning and almost begging sound of his voice makes the lyrics that much better. The lyrics are something everyone can relate to without being too mainstream. Theres a little mystery along with the lyrics, such as relating heartbreak with a shipwreck. The words to these songs are a story in which you follow Jesse and feel for his heartbreak. I have to admit to getting goosbumps when I hear 'Play Crack The Sky'. The lyrics are haunting and meaningful.

This cd hasn't come out of my cd player since I bought it. It is a huge step forward since their debut album 'Your Favorite Weapon'. I would recommend this cd to anyone who likes to think about the music they are listening to. The cd is definately worth buying, and if you do buy it makes sure you listen to the message they're trying to get out there. They are an amazing band.