The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me review by Brand New

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Brand New: The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

Brand New astonishes me again. They completely remaster their sound, giving it a raw effect, as if they're playing in a large concert hall. They take the sounds of both "Deja Entrendu" and "My Favourite Weapon", and mash them together to create a great album, with an emo-ish effect. The second I listened to this CD, I fell in love with it. I haven't stopped listening to it since, and my favourite songs would have to be "Handcuffs" and "The Archer's Bows Are Broken". Every song is different from the last, which creates a truly enticing experience. Look for this at your nearest store, I would strongly recommend it.

The lyrics are compelling, though provoking, and emotional. They blend with the music perfectly, to create a raw image that will leave a delightful feel upon your ears. The lead singers mellow dramatic voice even greater accents the depressing lyrics, as he almost speaks to the listener directly. I would most definitely give the lyriccs a ten!

Brand New is fantastic compared to some of the mainstream bands out there today. The fact that they dare to change their sound, truly impresses me, and truly shows they do not play to impress the crowds, but they play because they love music. I love the creativity in the songs, you may randomly hear one of them whispering some abstract phrase in the background of the song, and the pure adventurousness of it astounds me. I would definitely repurchase this CD if it were lost or stolen (if it were stolen, atleast whoever stole it had good taste).