The Holiday review by Brand New

• Released: Dec 15, 2005
Brand New: The Holiday

I must say I's not that loud at all in fact the loudest song is the "Logan To Government Center Demo." Other than that it's a really calm and relaxing CD, nothing to really make you want to get up and dance which seems to fit the mood for the time of year.

Noting new so not much to say here. 01. The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (acoustic) - this version takes the whole heart tearing song and seems to make you live through Jesse's lyrics, therefore making the song sort of make you feel alone but still proving that you can fight to make someone forgive you. 02. Logan To Government Center (demo) - hearing this demo makes a close relation to the feeling you get from The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot, and that is feeling lonely but then saying I really can't stand you anymore so I can deal with being alone. 03. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Know (acoustic) - taking this classic from the Deja Entendu Album and making it acoustic gives you that wow they truely are amazing sense of feeling. Then you realize what the song is about and it makes you want to go and hold your loved one close in front of the fireplace and watch the snow together, The song is about running away with the person you love but having to survive by means of sex just so you can support the one you love, which says that you truely ould do anything to be with them. 04. Good To Know That If I Ever Need Attention Is Die (demo) - to make a statement to the record lables around the world is one interesting way to celcbrate the holidays, but this could say something else too, anyways hearing this song could give you the mativation to go out a great distance to be with someone you care for, or just to have conversation which ever suits you more. 05. Oh Holy Night - this one actually kinda creeps me out just listning to Jesse's voice in a deep dark tone, but then showing that you can be dark and still enjoy the holidays all the same.

Calming, sad, and gives off a very lively feel somehow. This is a great cd that makes my holiday listning worth while. I recomend the cd but they only released 1000 copies in 2003 and will never make anymore so too bad for those who dont't have it, you'll just have to come over and enjoy it with me.